Created in 2018, the Center brings together all types of state-of-the-art equipment and software, allowing IT experts, investigators and/or lawyers to work collaboratively and carry out activities related to the field of computer forensics.
- development of a collaborative platform for specialists in "Digital Forensics";
- identifying the training needs of Romanian forensics experts present on the collaborative platform;
- development of the course curriculum based on the needs identified following the interrogation of the specialists present on the platform;
- increasing the available resources that digital forensics specialists can use;
- analysis of reference hardware / software architectures in the spectrum of digital crime;
- development of applications dedicated to both the "desktop" and the "mobile" environment;
- detailed examination of the models of commercial applications running on the different existing platforms;
- in-depth study of techniques and methods of data acquisition and analysis;
- elaboration of advanced data acquisition and analysis algorithms;
- testing the vulnerabilities of operating systems (as well as proprietary applications);
- development and maintenance of a database (proprietary system) containing viral bodies used by the main cyber-attacks carried out recently;
- development of IT audit applications;
- development of mobile solutions used in information audit and / or data recovery;
- improving the techniques for collecting, analyzing and reporting the data contained by computing units, social platforms, mobile devices, documents and images, audio-video files, as well as all types of memory capable of storing information;
- customization, both at operating system level and at application level, of the technological flows involved in the processes related to digital crime and the cyber field.
Areas of expertise:
- Forensic investigation of computers;
- Forensic investigation of mobile devices;
- Forensic investigation of data transiting a computer network;
- Forensic investigation of data stored in "cloud" structures;
- Forensic investigation of socialization applications (instant customers).