Financial support: EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation HORIZON 2020
Execution period : September 2019 – March 2022
Coordionator : Greek Research and Technology Network-GRNET
- ATHENA Research & Innovation Center, Greece
- The Cyprus Institute, Cyprus
- University of Cyprus, Cyprus
- Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, Bulgaria
- SRCE – University of Zagreb, University Computing Centre, Croatia
- Ruđer Bošković Institute, Croatia
- Governmental Agency for IT Development, Hungary
- University of Debrecen, Hungary
- National Institute for Research and Development in Informatics Bucharest, Romania
- Executive Agency for Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation Funding, Romania
- Academic and Research Network of Slovenia
- University of Maribor Library, Slovenia
- Institute of Physics Belgrade, Serbia
- University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Albanian Academic Network – Interinstitutional ICT Research Centre, Albania
- University of Banja Luka, Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, North Macedonia
- University of Montenegro, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Montenegro
- Research and Educational Networking Association of Moldova
- Institute for Informatics and Automation Problems of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia
- Georgian Research and Educational Networking Association, Georgia
- Support the development and inclusion of the national Open Science Cloud initiatives in 15 Member States and Associated Countries in the EOSC governance.
- Instill within the community the EOSC philosophy and FAIR principles for data Findability, Accessibility, Interoperability and Reusability.
- Provide technical and policy support for on-boarding of service providers into EOSC, including generic services (compute, data storage, data management), thematic services, repositories and data sets.
National Initiatives for Open Science in Europe – NI4OS Europe aims to be a core contributor to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) service portfolio, commit to EOSC governance and ensure inclusiveness on the European level for enabling global Open Science.
NI4OS-Europe exploits and engages a strong human network covering a wide range of stakeholders, as well as the infrastructure and service providers in the region, to support the overall EOSC vision, architecture and governance.
NI4OS-Europe will federate the existing EOSC-relevant services in the 15 target countries and include them in the EOSC service offering. NI4OS-Europe will collaborate with the other EOSC-related initiatives to contribute to the common EOSC platform including a set of policies, rules and principles for managing services and research data across the EOSC ecosystem.
Website : https://ni4os.eu/